Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318G – ProSafe 8-port Gigabit VPN Firewall shows disconnected device in LAN group list

DrRedd
Follower

FVS318G – ProSafe 8-port Gigabit VPN Firewall shows disconnected device in LAN group list

I had a problem connecting to a node on my network. When I checked the connected devices in the router administration, the device appeared in the LAN groups list, so I assumed it was connected, and thought the problem was the device. I finally found that the cable to the device was disconnected.

How does a disconnected device show up in the LAN groups list. Isn't the purpose of this list to show which devices are connected to the network? Or is there somewhere else I should look to see which devices are connected?

If the LAN group list shows all the devices that have ever connected to the network, it is pretty useless.

Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: FVS318G – ProSafe 8-port Gigabit VPN Firewall shows disconnected device in LAN group list

Hi DrRedd,

Welcome to our community!

My apologies on the information showing in LAN groups. Have you tried rebooting the router just to check if the device was still in there? Maybe it is just because of the cache. You may also try to upgrade the firmware of the firewall.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: FVS318G – ProSafe 8-port Gigabit VPN Firewall shows disconnected device in LAN group list

DrRedd,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements