Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS318Gv2 - DHCP server will not give out address when I start to make fixed reservations

bob1057
Aspirant

FVS318Gv2 - DHCP server will not give out address when I start to make fixed reservations

I have a need to reserve a few IP address for specific devices.  As i start to do this i have noticed some devices that do not have reservations will not get an address or the default gateway.  The reservations our outside my DHCP scope and I do have address in the scope free.

Open to ideas...

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318Gv2 - DHCP server will not give out address when I start to make fixed reservations

Hi @bob1057,

As far as I have checked, there is no issue logged for the FVS318Gv2 as per described on your initial post. What is the current firmware version of your FVS318Gv2? If ever it is not the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware.  The latest FVS318Gv2 firmware is v4.3.5-3 and you can download it here.  Then, check it the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
SamirD
Prodigy

More than likely some sort of firmware bug as I've had the inverse happen--other devices will grab my reserved devices IPs.  Try a different firmware version and see if it works correctly.  And then check for anything else broken because each firmware has broken things and working things--find the one that works for you and you're set.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements