Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318Gv2 Prosafe VPN Firewall

Egrar
Follower

FVS318Gv2 Prosafe VPN Firewall

Hello, I'm a new to networking terms and issues, learning about as I go through every situations I encounter, hopefully someone can help me with this one. I have a Netgear FVS318Gv2 Prosafe VPN Firewall, not currently using any vpn at the moment but only to secure my internet connected devices at home, I have 2 WIFI routers connected to 2 firewalled ports, now I have the firewall logs every "drop" connections specially on the LAN side of things, And I need help interpreting those logs, which looks the same.

[FVS318Gv2]Sun May 15 05:09:06 2016(GMT-0500) [FVS318Gv2][Kernel][KERNEL] [FIREWALL]LAN_PING[DROP]IN=bdg3 OUT= MAC=a4:2b:8c:f9:76:cc:58:6d:8f:73:fb:ba:08:00 src=10.0.2.101 DST=10.0.2.100 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=63 ID=0 DF PROTO=ICMP TYPE=8 CODE=0 I
=24068 SEQ=8548 

Any feedback will be much appreciated, Thanks!!!

Egrar

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318Gv2 Prosafe VPN Firewall

Hello Egrar, 

Welcome to the community! 

Below is a format and description of this log: 

You can also get more information here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Egrar, 

Welcome to the community! 

Below is a format and description of this log: 

You can also get more information here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Egrar, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements