Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N SSL VPN Configuration

sschepp
Aspirant

FVS318N SSL VPN Configuration

New to Netgear.  Trying to setup SSL VPN to allow access to Windows 2012 R2 file server.

I followed these steps https://kb.netgear.com/26758/SSL-VPN-Manual-Setup but when I go to the Portal URL, I get a "404 - File or directory not found" error.  The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Very basic setup and all I'm looking to do is have one remote user be able to access the Data share on the server (192.168.1.5)

Again, I've tried the default SSL VPN and tried configuring "test vpn" settings following the steps in the above link.  

Any assistance on what settings I'm missing or how I can make this work would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318N SSL VPN Configuration

Hi sschepp,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What Operating System and browser are you using?  Be reminded to use the appropriate Operating System and browser to connect to the SSL VPN.  Kindly read the article below:

ProSAFE: SSL VPN Compatibility Matrix (by OS and Browser)

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
sschepp
Aspirant

I tried a number of different browsers from different computers.  But the majority of the testing (which produced the errors) was done from Windows 7 Pro, IE11, and IPv4 SSL VPN Full Tunnel.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sschepp,

Let me share the article below that I found online and it might help.

How to run NETGEAR SSL-VPN on 64-bit Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 11

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sschepp,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to access and follow the steps on the article I've shared?  If yes, what is the result?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements