Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N + WN203 Access point - no Internet access

ico
Aspirant
Aspirant

FVS318N + WN203 Access point - no Internet access

Hello,

I've been trying to add a WN203 AP to the FVS318N in the office. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get Internet access through the WN203.

I want the wi-fi clients to be on a different subnet/different VLAN (not sure for the proper terminology here). I also want the wi-fi clients to be able to access a server which is wired to the default VLAN.

Here is the VLAN overview of the FVS318N:

Here are the profile settings for WN203AP VLAN:

Now the WN203 IP settings:

I want to use the DHCP of the access point, so here are my DHCP settings on the WN203:

I specified the AP not to tag the trafic of VLAN ID 5 (the WN203AP VLAN).

Lastly, the security settings of the AP:

For some reason with these security settings my mobile deives would not be able to obtain an ip and some would give an error message saying the WN203 is not responding. When I use WPA-PSK with TKIP - no poblem.

I hope you can identify something I did wrong.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: FVS318N + WN203 Access point - no Internet access

For some reason with these security settings my mobile deives would not be able to obtain an ip and some would give an error message saying the WN203 is not responding. When I use WPA-PSK with TKIP - no poblem.

I'm going to assume VLAN work when WPA-PSK TKIP issued but not with WPA+WPA2
Message 2 of 5
fordem
Mentor

ico wrote:
I want the wi-fi clients to be on a different subnet/different VLAN (not sure for the proper terminology here). I also want the wi-fi clients to be able to access a server which is wired to the default VLAN.

What are you hoping to achieve by this?
Message 3 of 5
fordem
Mentor

ico wrote:

I hope you can identify something I did wrong.

Thanks!

Your problem is unrelated to the VLAN setup - focus on the wireless security configuration on both the client and the access point - do the client devices support WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK? Is it selected?
Message 4 of 5
ico
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your replies.

Just to be clear, my main problem is that I don't get Internet access through the WN203 access point.

As far as the wireless security configuration is concerned, even if I leave the AP open, I still don't get internet access. The mobile devices can connect, but can't access the Internet.

The 2 mobile devices I was trying with couldn't connect to the AP when I set the network authentication to WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK. I attribute this to incompatibility or generally a connectivity issue, unrelated to the Internet access issue.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements