Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS318N - latest release listed is 4.3.4-2; I already have 4.3.5-3

Jo-
Aspirant
Aspirant

FVS318N - latest release listed is 4.3.4-2; I already have 4.3.5-3

Hi,

on frequent check for new release I recognized that I have a newer release on my router than listed as "latest release" on the web.

I downloaded the package on 4th of July 2017.

Is that package not from Netgear? Was I redirected to another website and received a hacked firmware?

Or is there a security issue with that release that it was taken off again? But I could not find any hint for this on the router website.

Would appreciate to get a short statement about the version and if I should downgrade to the "latest release" listed now.

Thanks,
jo

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jo-,

It will depend on when this device was manufactured. I suggest you to register your device on my.netgear.com so that you can take advantage of the 90 days free support. But the latest firmware version is 4.3.5-3, you can just download and upgrade the firmware.

Welcome to our community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jo-,

It will depend on when this device was manufactured. I suggest you to register your device on my.netgear.com so that you can take advantage of the 90 days free support. But the latest firmware version is 4.3.5-3, you can just download and upgrade the firmware.

Welcome to our community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Jo-,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the answer was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Jo-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now the latest release is matching again.

I do not know what happened before. So no further actions needed. Thx

Message 4 of 5
Jo-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Carlo, after your reply I could not get to my issue any more. Now, on new check I had the same issue again. Now I compared your link with mine and figured out, that the reason must be the main domain. I start my search from netgear.de and result on :"https://www.netgear.de/support/product/FVS318N.aspx#download" Here the latest version is still 4.3.4-2. Finally another comment: Trying to start search on "https://www.netgear.de/support/download/" is not working. The target for the form submit seem to be the search page itself, so the selection of "FVS318N" in my case is just removed and no results coming up. Hope this info helps. Kind regards from Hamburg!
Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements