Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N with a /29 (five IP addresses) public subnet?

Digithead
Aspirant

FVS318N with a /29 (five IP addresses) public subnet?

Hello everyone,

Correct me if I'm wrong here... but I have a /29 subnet "home business" Internet connection. I have the FVS318N firewall (actually two now, I love these things) but I suspect that these devices are not capable of supporting 5 public IP addresses with five individual internal (and seperate) LAN subnets.

Are my suspicions correct? (mind you that this not a problem one either way...)

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: FVS318N with a /29 (five IP addresses) public subnet?

Hi Digithead,

The FVS318N can handle multiple public IP addresses and even separate the protocols in where you wanted it to passthrough. You may find this option in Security > Firewall - LAN WAN Rules - Inbound Services - ADD - WAN Destination IP Address - (Input the Public IP single or range).

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Digithead,

The FVS318N can handle multiple public IP addresses and even separate the protocols in where you wanted it to passthrough. You may find this option in Security > Firewall - LAN WAN Rules - Inbound Services - ADD - WAN Destination IP Address - (Input the Public IP single or range).

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Digithead
Aspirant

Excellent! Wow... I didn't think that would work that way. At some point I need to reconfigure the firewall... to just handle my entire public-facing network.   🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements