Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318v3 bricks after 24 DHCP address reservations

d00gie
Follower

FVS318v3 bricks after 24 DHCP address reservations

So, I just ran into this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/VPN-Firewalls/FVS318v3-Reserved-IP-Capacity/m-p/374964#M59

Adding a few DHCP addresses and rebooting real quick shouldn't be a problem, right?  Broke the network in the store for half an hour during the busiest part of the day, credit card machines, catalog lookup, everything.  Had to replace with an old Linksys box until I figured out WTF happened.

Just now figured out by trial and error that it'll let you put the 25th address reservation in, but when you hit 'Apply', it horks.

At the VERY least, the firmware should be upgraded to tell you that 24 is the limit, and not let you commit network harakiri.

(angryface)

Douglas Blair

Village Hardware

Alexandria, VA

Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318v3 bricks after 24 DHCP address reservations

Hi d00gie,

I'm afraid that it seems its a limitation on the hardware. 😞  The FVS318v3 is already End-of-Life (EOL).  If ever the budget allows, I advise you to upgrade your VPN Firewall to a newer model.  

Kindly check the data sheet below.  Its a comparison between 4 ProSAFE VPN Firewalls that is currently available in the market: FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 and SRX5308.

ProSAFE VPN Firewall Series Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community TEam

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318v3 bricks after 24 DHCP address reservations

Hi d00gie,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements