Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318v3 slow speeds

NEM95
Aspirant

FVS318v3 slow speeds

Hooked up my FVS318v3 and laptop/ps4 are only getting about 8mbps download. My old hub was giving me 75mbps. Any ideas why my connection is being slowed down? Just need the FVS318 to act as a hub if possible.
Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318v3 slow speeds

@NEM95,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to follow the steps I provided?  If yes, what is the result? 

We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @NEM95,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

If you just want the FVS318v3 to act as a hub, make sure to follow the steps below:

1. Login to the web-GUI of your FVS318v3.  Open a browser like Chrome or Firefox then type http://www.routerlogin.net (or type the LAN IP Address of the FVS318v3) in the address field, then press Enter.  Type 'admin' for the user name and 'password' for the password, both in lower case letters without the quotation marks.

Note: The default LAN IP Address of the FVS318v3 is 192.168.0.1.

2. On the left column under the Advanced section, click on LAN Setup (or LAN IP Setup).

3. On the IP Address field, enter the IP Address that you want to set for your FVS318v3 that is within the LAN IP range of your existing network. 

4. Uncheck 'Use Router as DHCP Server.'

5. Click Apply. 

6. Connect your existing router to one of the 8 LAN ports at the rear part of the FVS318v3.  Do not connect anything to the WAN port of the FVS318v3 because it will not be use.

7. Connect your other devices to other LAN ports of the FVS318v3.  The FVS318v3 is now acting as a hub which extends your local area network. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@NEM95,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to follow the steps I provided?  If yes, what is the result? 

We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
NEM95
Aspirant

Worked perfectly thank you so much!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats