Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336G site to site VPN need only ip phone traffic going through the tunnel

aloha2000
Aspirant

FVS336G site to site VPN need only ip phone traffic going through the tunnel

I am trying to connect 2 locations using 2 FVS336G routers.  Location A is using an FVS336G to route VOIP traffic.  Location B with be using one internet connection to route internet traffic and VOIP traffic.

Is it possible to create a VPN between the 2 locations to route VOIP traffic only through the tunnel?  In other words location B will have computers and ip phones using the same internet connection, but only ip phones need to be connected to the VOIP server at location A through a VPN tunnel. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aloha2000
Aspirant

Re: FVS336G site to site VPN need only ip phone traffic going through the tunnel

DaneA, thank you for your response.  I haven't try your suggestion because I ended up going a different direction and not connecting the 2 sites with VPN.

Thanks again for your help!!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi aloha2000,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I haven't yet set up like what you have described on your post.  However, let me share this article I found online and it might help:

Configuring the NETGEAR FVX538 ProSafe VPN Firewall as an IPSec VPN Head-end to Support the Avaya VP...

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi aloha2000,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
aloha2000
Aspirant

DaneA, thank you for your response.  I haven't try your suggestion because I ended up going a different direction and not connecting the 2 sites with VPN.

Thanks again for your help!!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements