Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv1 (3.0.6-29) Logs sorting

cosac
Aspirant

FVS336Gv1 (3.0.6-29) Logs sorting

Hi Everyone,

Few weeks a go we decided to email the firewall logs of a customer to an our mailbox, the logs are pretty useful sometimes I found the IP source is the internal LAN IP of the modem (192.168.1.1) and other times is the public IPs (for the same service), I would like to know if there's a way to force to log always the public IPs instead of the internal IP, usually i set the public IP directly to the firewall WAN1 but at this time is not an option, and I think this setting is the cause of this behavior.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Cristian

Model: FVS336Gv1|ProSafe Dual WAN Gigabit Firewall with SSL & IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv1 (3.0.6-29) Logs sorting

Hi cosac,

If you will look into the Log Options (Routing Logs, System Logs and Other Event Logs) via the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv1, it seems that there is no option to specify to show only the public IP addresses always.  Kindly read pages 9-4 to 9-6 of the FVS336Gv1 reference manual here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
cosac
Aspirant

Thank you for the answer!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cosac,

You're welcome! 🙂  

If ever your concern has been addressed / resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements