Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv2 Access configuration of ADSL modems in bridge

amemo06
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 Access configuration of ADSL modems in bridge

Hi,

Since long time I have 2 ADSL modems connected to my FVS336Gv2 routeur. Both modems are in Bridge mode. So that the PPOE identification is done by the router.

All works like a charm.

Still I have NO access to the configuration page of my modems. As a result, I can't get easy access to the modem statistics, ADSL statuses, configuration...

From the Wan 1 or Wan 2 information, I 'only' see my outside IP address provided by my ISP. The gateway in WAN 1 or WAN 2 is obviously the router .

Any clue?

More details WAN 1 Info (WAN 2 is similar only the IP Address and DNS addresses provided by the ISP differs)

IPv4 Connection Type = PPPOE

WAN Connection Type PPOE (Username/Password)
IP Address 83.197.121.222 ( the ISP automatically provided external address)

Subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Gateway: 192.153.160.3 Seems decided by the FVS336Gv2

Thanks

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv2 Access configuration of ADSL modems in bridge

Hello amemo06, 

When a modem is in bridge mode it usually disables access to the user-interface or it uses an administrator login (which is usually accessed by their support team). If the WAN1 and WAN2 port give you an IP address it means that there is an active modem on the port. The routers do not display any connectivity status of the modem. If you want access to web-UI of the modem, you'll have to take it off bridge mode or configure it as router+bridge (some of our older has that setting). 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi amemo06,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 5
amemo06
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo, thanks for the replies.
Well it did not solved the issue but at least confirmed that there is no solution when modems are configured in bridge mode.

I will try to configure them in non-bridge mode (PPOE) and try to setup my router to access them.

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello amemo06, 

Yes, unfortunately, most modems loses their UI when configured in bridge mode. Keep us posted.  

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements