Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336Gv2 IP Group whole Subnet

timomass
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 IP Group whole Subnet

Is it possible to add a group of subsets to an IP Group, so that I can use this in the firewall to filter traffic? Do I have to do this via the command line? It seems odd there is no space for a subnet mask on the IP Group page.
Message 1 of 6
rpaz
Aspirant

Hi Timomass,

Did you ever receive a response? Same probem here. I need to create a whitelist or IP group from a IP address range.

Hope there is a solution. Thank you

Ramon

Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timomass and rpaz, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have looked at our lab unit and I do not believe that an option to use an entire subnet is possible as of the moment. @timomass using CLI will not make any difference since it just contains the same settings on the Web UI. What you can do is to open a post on our Idea Exchage Board which the engineers are monitoring, if the "Idea" gets enough kudos it will likely be implemented. Once you have posted, don't forget to hit the kudos (thumbs up) icon. 

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 6
timomass
Aspirant

In the end I just added each subnet on a different line. Grouping different subnet's would be a nice feature though.

Message 4 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timomass, 

I agree! It will much easier if different subnets can be grouped. What you can do is to post this as a request on our Idea Exchange board, engineering looks at the requests and if it gets enough 'thumbs up' (kudos) there is a big chance it will be implemented. Once you have posted, don't forget to hit the  'thumbs up' (kudos) icon. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 6
timomass
Aspirant

JohnRo thanks I have a more pressing issuies now with my firewall.

1) Version 4.x firmware (latest at current date) dint play nice with a PPoE connection when bridge to a BT Business Hub 5. I was seing traffic loss 26Mb/s instead of the 36Mb/s i should of been getting. I had to revert to 3.x to solve this. Not ideal.

2) I cant get the IPSec VPN to work in client mode despite using exactly the same config as I am using on another firewall.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements