Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336Gv2 Secure Connection Failed

webspider
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 Secure Connection Failed

System Name: FVS336Gv2

Firmware Version: 4.3.3-6

After upgrading firmwear to4.3.3-6 when I try to access admin interface I get an error in all browsers I have tried "An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.1. You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information: Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL"

I havew tried factory reset and updating firmwear again but same error.

Is there a way to fix this or is this product a brick?

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi webspider,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you tried to clear the cache on the browsers you're using then try to access again the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2?  

b. Have you tried using another PC/laptop to isolate the problem?

If ever you are using Firefox, try this:  go to  Preferences > Advanced > Encryption > View Certificates > Servers > Add Exception.  Then enter the IP address of your router, (for example: HTTPS://192.168.1.1), then click Get Certificate > Confirm Security Exception.  Let us know if this helps.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
webspider
Aspirant

Hi DaneA

Yes the first thing I did was clear cache and history I also deleted the certificate for https://192.168.1.1 and tried to add an exception. Firefox 51.0.1 simply refuses to add the certificate.I'm using ubuntu at my work where this FW was in use. I decided to bring the FW home for more tests and my laptop has the same problem.

I can access the FW admin with Chrome but it reverts to a non secure mode. I have tested it now with an Widows XP machine and Firefox complains the certificate is not valid but it will allow me to add an exception.

That does not solve the problem though. The issue is the certificate and serial number don't match. "Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL"

This happened after I updated the firmware, is it possible the wew firmware has a bug that effects the certificate?

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@webspider,

Kindly try to downgrade the firmware to v4.3.3-5 to isolate the problem.  Be sure to perform a factory reset after downgrading the firmware then reconfigure it from scratch.  Check if same problem will occur. 

You can download firmware v4.3.3-5 here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi webspider,
I just tried below steps,it can work. You can try it.
1. On Firefox,go to  Preferences > Advanced > Encryption > View Certificates > Servers,delete all certification of Netgear
2. Restart firefox,then can access fvs336gv2.

Thanks,

Dan

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@webspider,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to try the steps suggested by @Dan_Z?  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements