Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336Gv3 multiple LAN ips don't work

perryhs
Aspirant

FVS336Gv3 multiple LAN ips don't work

If I set up more than one VLAN and assign it a port different from the default and then activate it, the Prosafe FVS336Gv3 stops working on the default, or to be succinct, only one LAN IP address can be active at a time. According to the manual, this should not be happening. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi perryhs,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It should work with multiple VLANs and multiple LAN networks. May you be able to check if the firmware is updated to its latest version? Please make sure that you were able to hit apply after you assign the VLAN to a specific port.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@perryhs,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
perryhs
Aspirant

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a solution to this problem. Because of my current workload, I can not post a complete network configuration at this time other than what I have already given. I hope to be able to do this during the Christmas holidays. Out of curiosity, I noticed the file upload button below my comment field. Can I upload screen dumps showing my configuration? If so is there a limit to the file size? If I can upload screen dumps, I can reply to this post a lot faster.

Sincerely,

Perry Sweetser

Setesdal regional IT coordinator

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 4 of 6
perryhs
Aspirant

Hi,

I recieved a strange email saying that someone had posted an accepted solution, but no one has posted such and I have not accepted any. I tried to reply to the email, but my company server said the email address is invalid. Is this a spam attempt???

Hello perryhs,

A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution!

Topic:

FVS336Gv3 multiple LAN ips don't work

Author:

perryhs (Aspirant)

Date:

2018-12-04 11:57 PM

Hi perryhs,

Welcome to our community!

It should work with multiple VLANs and multiple LAN networks. May you be able to check if the firmware is updated to its latest version? Please make sure that you were able to hit apply after you assign the VLAN to a specific port.

Regards,

To manage your notifications, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to NETGEAR Communities.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Thanks for being a NETGEAR Communities member.

Your NETGEAR Communities Team

NETGEAR Communities sent this message to perry.hart.sweetser

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@perryhs,

My apologies on that. It was me who accidentally click the "Accept as solution" and removed it afterwards.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements