Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336Gv3 setting TCP port 35000 and UDP port 35001 not in pick list of services

JasonStockwell
Aspirant

FVS336Gv3 setting TCP port 35000 and UDP port 35001 not in pick list of services

Setting this up for inbound connection to a Lorex/FLIR LNR632.  Able to route/connect on HTTP, but none of the options in pull down menu on service inbound types ie: DNS:UDP, DNS:TCP or RTSP:TCP, RTSP,UDP or SNMP:TCP, etc.)  Lorex support had me do the redirect for ANY to the IP and of course that worked, but then it faulted my site-to-site VPN connections and would not want to keep ANY as service route.  Any suggestions on how to specify without a filter just/all TCP and UDP to the specific port numbers of system be setup in firewall? 

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 4
train_wreck
Luminary

Re: FVS336Gv3 setting TCP port 35000 and UDP port 35001 not in pick list of services

You'll need to go under "Security" -> "Services" and use the "Add a Custom Service", for TCP 35000 and UDP 35001. The new entries will then be listed under the "Service Inbound" types.

By the way, that Lorex device is an NVR. I would HIGHLY recommend not opening ports in the firewall and allowing ANY remote address access to it. These devices are notoriously insecure and produced by no-name companies with nearly zero interest or skill in network security, and the whole category of NVR and DVR devices have been implicated in several high profile botnets recently (Mirai and Reaper, for example). Setup a remote access VPN on the Netgear and access the system that way, or at the very least only allow particular remote IP addresses through the firewall, addresses that you trust.

Message 2 of 4
JasonStockwell
Aspirant

I did make that update, but still not streaming video.  Able to connect to system and navigate the menus, just not video.  I understand the risk on client.  May need to investigate the client VPN option.

Message 3 of 4
train_wreck
Luminary

If you still can't stream, then it's possible that some other port(s) is/are needed to be opened. You could perhaps forward ANY traffic to the camera, then run a packet capture on the Netgear and see which ports exactly are being used.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements