Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336g V1 -UDP PORT 500

hynt20
Aspirant

FVS336g V1 -UDP PORT 500

I am trying to forward UDP port 500 to my internal Mac OS/X Server for VPN. Tried to create a service but got an error stating that Port range conflicts with default service or HTTPS port(s).

Yet under the default "services" UDP port 500 is not listed.

Can this be done? Am I SOL?
Message 1 of 7
Glitched
Aspirant

Re: FVS336g V1 -UDP PORT 500

Are you trying to forward port 500 for IPsec VPN? This router has IPsec passthrough, you shouldn't have to forward port 500. Otherwise, yes this port does conflict with a built in port and there is essentially no way around it.
Message 2 of 7
hynt20
Aspirant

I am trying to forward UDP from the Internet to the internal network. So I take it that I am unable to pick and choose which ports I want to use in this case forward to my internal network?

FWIW having spend 40+ mins on hold with Netgear support, this is now described as a known Bug with the current firmware - for some reason several standard ports are now missing from the default service ports and surprise I can't add this UDP port as a custom service port. No current ETA on updated or beta or new Firmware. Prior version of firmware also has this "bug". It was also interesting to me that the 2nd level tech support for the FVS336G is NOT using the latest avail firmware - that sure makes it interesting for current paid customers with support contracts to get support, I am now sitting with a unit with a support contract that has 2 yrs to go and no support available for a known bug for the last two firmware versions...... Its Time for Netgear to pick up and fix these known bugs or face losing customers with paid support contracts - I am very disappointed.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Have you experiement with different firmware version? 🙂
Message 4 of 7
adit
Mentor

Glitched wrote:
Are you trying to forward port 500 for IPsec VPN? This router has IPsec passthrough, you shouldn't have to forward port 500. Otherwise, yes this port does conflict with a built in port and there is essentially no way around it.
IPSec Passthrough is for Outbound initiated VPN connections. It has nothing to do with Inbound IPSec VPN.
Message 5 of 7
davss
Aspirant

It's the end of 2014 and I just upgraded our NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall FVS318G to the latest firmware which makes connection more robust. Though, we now have the same issue i.e. UDP 500 forward ot possible due to being used by VPN IKE. We need to forward this port for a mobile signal booster device as we are in poor network coverage area. It requires this port to be forwarded so we now can't use it and our cell/mobile phones are cut off from the network most of time.
Message 6 of 7
adit
Mentor

Why does it need a VPN port to operate? Can the port be changed.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements