Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS338 Port Forward to custom port

1stoptech
Aspirant

FVS338 Port Forward to custom port

I am trying to add 2 computers to remote desktop from home. The computers have 33**  custom listening port numbers. I can remote into the computers using ip address:33** from within the network but not from home going through the FVS338. I have also added a firewall rule on each workstation allowing access to the specific port on each computer.

I have gone to Security-Services and added a custom service with the port number for each of the 2 computers we want to add.

Then to Security-Firewall and selected the service custom port and added the static ip of a computer in SEnd to Lan Server, Wan users any and log never.

Model: FVS338|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch with Dial Backup
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
1stoptech
Aspirant

Re: FVS338 Port Forward to custom port

Thanks, while your solution was not the exact fix, it got me to looking at all other rules, the first firewall rule service was set to "any", after making it's own service assignment all else started to work. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi 1stoptech,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are trying to setup Inbound Rules in order for you to gain access to your computer via RDP. It is working locally right? May you be able to try enabling the Secure HTTP Management? Administration > Remote Management - Allow Secure HTTP Management - Enable then test if the port is online by checking it on a port scanner. If it did work, then please try to disable all the Inbound rules except for the one that you need to open.

You may also try to delete all the inbound rules and recreate it. Please share some screenshots too.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
1stoptech
Aspirant

Thanks, while your solution was not the exact fix, it got me to looking at all other rules, the first firewall rule service was set to "any", after making it's own service assignment all else started to work. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements