Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS338 VPN Client License

jamescolley
Aspirant

FVS338 VPN Client License

I cannot locate my VPN client license key. My router came with 5 VPN client licenses which I have never used, I have the 2 original CDs that came with the device. My router (FVS338) and the VPN Client (VPN05L) are registered and I see both at mynetgear.com when I log in. I originally purchased them in 2/2008 and have never used the VPN client. I am trying to setup VPN access to my home office and need the license key. Any help is appreciated.

Model: FVS338|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch with Dial Backup
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS338 VPN Client License

@jamescolley,

Kindly check your past e-mails from the store or reseller where you purchased the FVS338 that is bundled with the VPN05L.  The licenses might be indicated there.  

I'm afraid to inform you that the ProSAFE VPN Firewall series is already EoL (End-of-Life) and this also includes the ProSAFE VPN Client Software.  Kindly read the announcement here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
jamescolley
Aspirant

Re: FVS338 VPN Client License

Unfortunately, my original purchase was in 2008. I have not been able to locate an email archive that contains any such email. Looks like I will just have to move on from the Netgear router and considered it a lost cause.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements