Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Grounding BR500 Router?

HabitTH
Guide

How to Grounding BR500 Router?

Hello ,

I would be happy if you can help me Grouding the BR500.

This is connect to GC110 Switch .

I have Shielded cables but the BR500 Router and Switch GC110 have only 2 prong Power Supply and not have Thirs Prong for grounding .

How could  I ground the BR500 Router and GC110 Switch for prevent EMF and Ground my Shielded Ethernet cable ?

( I try to find the Earth Hole behind the Router or Switch but there has not hole for grounding wire )

Many Thanks.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to Grounding BR500 Router?

At the risk to stir up a hornet's nest ... Router and switch metal enclosures and cable shielding are building a kind of a Faraday cage. The functionality of the Faraday cage does not change should the cage be on a different potential but ground.

Even if the external power supply would have a ground wire, the output (0 and +) can be free floating, the "ground" or "minus" does not have to be electrically connected in my understanding.

The typical place where network installations are pulled to the ground are the patch panels and the computer racks.

Message 2 of 3
HabitTH
Guide

Re: How to Grounding BR500 Router?

@schumaku wrote:

At the risk to stir up a hornet's nest ... Router and switch metal enclosures and cable shielding are building a kind of a Faraday cage. The functionality of the Faraday cage does not change should the cage be on a different potential but ground.

Even if the external power supply would have a ground wire, the output (0 and +) can be free floating, the "ground" or "minus" does not have to be electrically connected in my understanding.

The typical place where network installations are pulled to the ground are the patch panels and the computer racks.

Thanks for your response.

I have The BR500 And GC110(A) Connected at home .

They directly connected .

I have another cable from This Room1(GC110(A)) of Ethernet STP that go to Room2 GC110(B) Another Switch ( Without Patch Panel , this directly Connected)

In This Situation , How could I grounding the Switch GC110 in Room (A) and Room(B) for Shielding Cable network ( Prevent EMI ) that Connected between Switches ? 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements