Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to get Activation Key for SRX5308 VPN Lite ??

DrLou
Aspirant

How to get Activation Key for SRX5308 VPN Lite ??

We use the above SRX5308 VPN Firewall, for which I've downloaded the latest VPN Lite Software. However, how do we get the Activation Key for it?

Netgear Support Site is not very helpful on this question... The 'Click Here' to establish our qualification for this key at no charge ( we are entitled to it ), get only a compiler error from the app server.

Would a Netgear staffer simply forward us a key?

Help!

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to get Activation Key for SRX5308 VPN Lite ??

Hi @DrLou,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I have already reported this site you are referring to in order to check if one is qualified to receive free VPN Lite license key.  I'll post here once I got a feedback.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DrLou,

I just want to inform you that the link below is now working:

https://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/v2/VPNUpgrade/VPNregistration.aspx

Since your concern has been addressed or resolved and if ever you have no further inquiries, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
DrLou
Aspirant

No, that website is certainly not working...

Server Error in '/myNETGEAR/V2' Application.
Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'main' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mynetgear_v2\b1bfbf23\2167fd3d\assembly\dl3\1fadca04\33652889_f0a9d201\ContactSupport.DLL' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mynetgear_v2\b1bfbf23\2167fd3d\assembly\dl3\1abe45d3\8f6d0a77_79bed201\App_Web_rnmkl3nn.DLL'

In, fact, though, I couldn't care less about Netgear being unable to maintain its web infrastructure. And I certainly don't want to spend any more time in acting as a free debugger/tester!

Would you just send me - directly - the VPN Light Activation Key to which we are entitled. I don't want to jump through any more hoops; don't want to spend any more time on it.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DrLou,

I am sure that the link below is still working because I'm able to access it again to check if one is qualified to receive free VPN Lite license key:

https://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/v2/VPNUpgrade/VPNregistration.aspx

I suggest you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime for further assistance.  Let them know about your concern and provide the serial number of your SRX5308 as well as the Proof of Purchase (or Sales Invoice) of your SRX5308 for verification.   

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements