Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to stop FVS336GV3 from publishing Remote Administration Interface on WAN port

CJacobsen
Aspirant

How to stop FVS336GV3 from publishing Remote Administration Interface on WAN port

Basically what I want is for the Remote Administration to be disabled on the WAN interface.

Currently under Administration -> Remote Management I see

Secure HTTP Management (Status: Accessible on primary WAN)

I’ve hit the no radio button in both HTTP management and the Telnet Management sections, however nothing changes. (above status remains the same)

If I http or https to my public IP I am still presented with the Netgear Login Screen. If I try to login, it will however state, that login from WAN has been blocked.

I’ve seen a post regarding the opposite problem, however I can not find any information that suggest the behavior I am seeing.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to stop FVS336GV3 from publishing Remote Administration Interface on WAN port

Hello CJacobsen, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have tested an FVS336Gv3 with firmware version 4.3.3-6 and was not able to replicate your issue. I don't see a login screen when accessing remotely (connected to an 3G/LTE network) if the remote access is turned off. What is the firmware version are you using? Also, are you testing it while connected to another network?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to stop FVS336GV3 from publishing Remote Administration Interface on WAN port

Hello CJacobsen, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have tested an FVS336Gv3 with firmware version 4.3.3-6 and was not able to replicate your issue. I don't see a login screen when accessing remotely (connected to an 3G/LTE network) if the remote access is turned off. What is the firmware version are you using? Also, are you testing it while connected to another network?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,  

Message 2 of 5
CJacobsen
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

Thank you for the quick response.

I did some further testing yesterday – and it appears that I might have actually been testing from inside the fw. (thought I had the wireless disabled on my phone when testing)

I also used a couple of different remote scanning tools to test if any port where in fact answering request from the outside.

So I believe you’re right my testing yesterday was not valid and everything appears to be in order.

Could you answer one more question though.

Still I am a bit confused by the status message I was referring to:

Secure HTTP Management (Status: Accessible on primary WAN)

Do you also see the same status on your device?

Cheers,

Message 3 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CJacobsen, 

Nice to know that! 🙂 Regarding the status message, this is normal and shows the same on my test router. I believe that this only means that the WAN IP on the primary WAN port will be used for the remote management. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CJacobsen,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements