Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I have BR500 - I would be happy for some help

HabitTH
Guide

I have BR500 - I would be happy for some help

Hi ,

I would be happy to know some stuff about the item : 

1. How Could I block Google DNS via FireWall Rules for specific LAN ? 

2. How Could I move Rules between 30 Rules that I have created ? ( Know I need to Remove all Rules upper to Rule that I need to change , this is inconvenient) 

3. On FireWall rules there has Box with " Extraarguments" , Could you have table with info which Arguments I can add to advanced my rules please?

4. I Understant that Firewall BR500 Rules behave like IPTABLE , I would be happy to know in default this is Block Connection

that not list in my Rules or Allow them ? 

I would be happy to know what the Default of IPTABLE of BR500 for ( INPUT Traffic , FORWARD Traffic , OUTPUT Traffic ) 

I have Your Switch GC110 Too that Connect to BR500 .

I have 4 Lans , for example : 

LAN1 - 192.168.100.0/24  (Vlan1 ) 

LAN2 - 192.168.120.0/24  (Vlan120)

LAN3 - 192.168.130.0/24  (Vlan130 )

LAN4 - 192.168.140.0/24  (Vlan140 ) 

Now , BR500 Do NAT/PAT From this Address LANs to WAN .

I add another vlans like vlan 150 on The Switch Netgear GC110  .

The Problem that I have is the PCs on This Vlan150 can't access The Internet .( or any other vlans on GC110 that not have ip on the BR500 , but they Settings on BR500 as vlans but not as LAN IP ) 

I have spend Hours , go through your guides , but seems all good . I add static routes in BR500 to this VLAN150 .

I suspicious that if the BR500 get IP from VLAN150 ( ex : 192.168.150.10 ) it is not Convert it to WAN ( NAT/PAT ) because

This not one of Four LANs that Settings on The BR500 , Does it true ? 

( If Yes there has feature to permit other LAN IPs to Convert by BR500 ? ) 

Thanks alot .

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HabitTH,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It is not possible to block Google DNS via the Firewall Rules in the BR500.  However, I found instructions online that shows how to block Public DNS such as Google DNS on a NETGEAR Home router.  You may check it here and try it on the BR500. 

2. How Could I move Rules between 30 Rules that I have created ? ( Know I need to Remove all Rules upper to Rule that I need to change , this is inconvenient) 

Are you referring to Traffic Rules or the Port Forwarding / Triggering Rules?  It seems that there is no option to move either Traffic Rules or the Port Forwarding / Triggering Rules.  You may want to post this as feature request in the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does BR500 users wanted to be added on its functionality.

3. On FireWall rules there has Box with " Extraarguments" , Could you have table with info which Arguments I can add to advanced my rules please?

4. I Understant that Firewall BR500 Rules behave like IPTABLE , I would be happy to know in default this is Block Connection

that not list in my Rules or Allow them ? 

I would be happy to know what the Default of IPTABLE of BR500 for ( INPUT Traffic , FORWARD Traffic , OUTPUT Traffic ) 

Let me check on these. 

5. I have Your Switch GC110 Too that Connect to BR500 .

I have 4 Lans , for example : 

LAN1 - 192.168.100.0/24  (Vlan1 ) 

LAN2 - 192.168.120.0/24  (Vlan120)

LAN3 - 192.168.130.0/24  (Vlan130 )

LAN4 - 192.168.140.0/24  (Vlan140 ) 

Now , BR500 Do NAT/PAT From this Address LANs to WAN .

I add another vlans like vlan 150 on The Switch Netgear GC110  .

The Problem that I have is the PCs on This Vlan150 can't access The Internet .( or any other vlans on GC110 that not have ip on the BR500 , but they Settings on BR500 as vlans but not as LAN IP ) 

I have spend Hours , go through your guides , but seems all good . I add static routes in BR500 to this VLAN150 .

I suspicious that if the BR500 get IP from VLAN150 ( ex : 192.168.150.10 ) it is not Convert it to WAN ( NAT/PAT ) because

This not one of Four LANs that Settings on The BR500 , Does it true ? 

( If Yes there has feature to permit other LAN IPs to Convert by BR500 ? ) 

As I understand, you did not create VLAN 150 on the BR500, am I right?  If yes, kindly create VLAN 150 on the BR500 then tag it on any LAN port of the BR500 that you want.  Make sure that the port on the GC110 connected to the LAN port of the BR500 is also tag on VLAN150 so that the devices connected on VLAN 150 to the GC100 can get a local IP address.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
HabitTH
Guide

@DaneA,

Thanks very much for helping me .

About the Answer of : 2. I would be happy that netgear team add option to move Traffic Rules in Firewall .

About the Answer of : 5. I do all what you have writting and still not have communication , BR500 can convert from LAN to WAN

Vlan IP that not created on device ( The vlan with tag created on BR500 but not segment IP )  ?

Thanks .

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 6
HabitTH
Guide

@DaneA

There is new About what I have asked you ?

Many Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HabitTH,

I apologize for the late response.  About #5, kindly refer to this old article here.  Is the article similar to the network setup you want?  If yes, kindly use it as reference guide. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
HabitTH
Guide

@DaneA wrote:

@HabitTH,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It is not possible to block Google DNS via the Firewall Rules in the BR500.  However, I found instructions online that shows how to block Public DNS such as Google DNS on a NETGEAR Home router.  You may check it here and try it on the BR500. 

@DaneA

I don't understand why you can't block IP Destination ( DNS Example ) From Firewall Traffic Rules ? 

Thanks for help .

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements