Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IPSec over Windows VPN

bzyv5g
Aspirant

IPSec over Windows VPN

Hello all,

how can I install a IPSec vpn over Windows vpn? I wouldn't use the VPN Client from Netgear.

I saw any documentation here in the community, aber it doesn't work.

Thanks for help

Model: FV318|Cable/DSL ProSafe Wireless VPN Security Firewall|EOL
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: IPSec over Windows VPN

Hi bzyv5g,

I did a search about your concern and found nothing which seems that having an IPSec client-to-box VPN to a ProSAFE VPN Firewall Routers requires a VPN client software to be installed on a Windows computer such as the ProSAFE VPN Client Professional.   Kindly read and access the article below:

ProSAFE VPN Client: Client to Box Configuration

If you really wish to use the built-in Windows client, you might want to try to configure either L2TP VPN Tunnel or PPTP VPN Tunnel to ProSAFE routers.  Kindly access and read the articles below:

Configuring an L2TP VPN Tunnel to ProSAFE/ProSECURE routers

Configuring a PPTP VPN Tunnel to ProSAFE/ProSECURE routers

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: IPSec over Windows VPN

@bzyv5g,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to access and read the articles I've shared?  Let us know if you have further questions.  

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements