Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Impossible upgrade

Kerebel
Aspirant

Impossible upgrade

Our FVS 336Gv2 routeur is running an old firmawre version : 3.0.9-02

After uploading the latest version, (4.4.3-6), unzipping the file, the Upgrade button processes (apparently) the .img file and reboots.

But it remains in the old firmware version...

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kerebel
Aspirant

OK, furthermore, the factory reste will change its IP to 192.168.1.1 as this sub network is 192.168.2.x ; I'll do it next time I go in this lovely region of Pau (France) !

Thanks !

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kerebel,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since firmware v3.0.9-02 is an old firmware version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  First, upgrade the firmware from v3.0.9-02 to v3.1.1-08.  Then, upgrade the firmware from v3.1.1-08 to v4.3.1-18 and so on until you get to upgrade to the latest firmware v4.4.3-6.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2 after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure it from scratch in order to have a clean start using the latest firmware.  

You may download the firmware versions for the FVS336Gv2 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Kerebel
Aspirant

Thanks for your prompt answer.

As this routeur is located in a remote site, I suppose it's recommanded to upgrade it on site and not through our VPN from the head quarters ?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kerebel,

It would be best if you perform the firmware upgrade on-site so that you can have physical access as well as you could observe the behavior of the LED lights of the FVS336Gv2 as you proceed with firmware upgrade process.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Kerebel
Aspirant

OK, furthermore, the factory reste will change its IP to 192.168.1.1 as this sub network is 192.168.2.x ; I'll do it next time I go in this lovely region of Pau (France) !

Thanks !

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements