Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Insight Tap VPN getting 169.x.x.x IP address

laque32
Aspirant

Insight Tap VPN getting 169.x.x.x IP address

One computer can connect to the VPN fine.

I use another laptop with another user ID with the same settings and it won't connect properly.

I can connect to the Internet just fine on the VPN, but not my network. 

The computer that works fine gets an IP, but computer that isn't working get 169 IP address.

Reset network settings, flushdns, the whole 9...still not working.

Any suggestions????

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi laque32,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

169.x.x.x address is an auto-assigned IP address. May I know where are you seeing this IP? Your PC should connect properly to the internet first before connecting it to the VPN.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
laque32
Aspirant

I see it for the IP address on the insight tap VPN after connecting to the VPN. It shows connected via VPN app...but that's not true because of the IP address.
Message 3 of 4
laque32
Aspirant

Ok, I found out what the issue was. It was the BR500 Router. When I got home and logged on the network. I was able to ping my router but not login to it by IP. I was able to login by going to routerlogin.net. So that was strange within itself. After leaving it unplugged for 2 minutes and turning it back on. I was able to login via IP and tested my VPN and everything is working and back to normal. I never thought about reseting the VPN router since all of my other devices were working fine without issues. However, I am glad everything is working! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements