Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet limited to 95 Mbps

monstorr
Aspirant

Internet limited to 95 Mbps

We just upgraded our internet to 300mbps but connecting directly into the firewall limits the network to 95mbps via speedtest.net

When connected directly to the modem from comcast business, I get the 300mbps. Any clue why this is happening?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi monstorr,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with your SRX5308. May you be able to check if it is running on the latest firmware version? You may also reset it to factory default and check if it will now work properly.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
monstorr
Aspirant

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I just updated the firmware to the latest yesterday and could not get the full 300mbps. It did help the speeds by about 10mbps. I would rather try the full reset another time if possible. The office is normally full of people at different times of the day. Is there a setting that could throttle speeds somehow?

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@monstorr,

Technically, yes there is a way to throttle the speeds. You may check the QOS settings if it is enabled. When you are trying to do the speed test on the SRX5308, how many devices are connected to it? Have you tried connecting only 1 PC? Please make sure that you are connected directly to the firewall router and not in any panel or switch when doing the speed test.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
monstorr
Aspirant

QOS is disbled and I am directly connected to the Firewall. We also have our switch connected but I am testing directly through a hardwire.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements