Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LAN WAN Outbound Service fails on reboot and occasionally with time

laxamar
Aspirant

LAN WAN Outbound Service fails on reboot and occasionally with time

I have 13 static IPs from my ISP. I have a few machines with dedicated static IPs that I achieve through firewall rules for inbound and outbound.

On reboot and every once in a while, the LAN WAN Outbound Service stoips working. I have to disable the outbound rule and simply re-enable it to fix it. This is a huge problem since I can't always be present when this happens.

The issue existed on FVS336v2 and continues on FVS336v3 on firmware 4.3.x

Yesterday I upgraded to firmware 4.3.4-1 and the setting barely survived 24 hours.

This is clearly a subtle bug in the system. Any way to let the devs know and or any solutions/workarounds?

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN,FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi laxamar,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I know, there are no issues on both FVS336Gv2 and FVS336Gv3 like what you have described on your initial post.  What are the Outbound rules configured on both FVS336Gv2 and FVS336Gv3?  It would be best if you post a screenshot or image of the Outbound rules configured on both FVS336Gv2 and FVS336Gv3.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
laxamar
Aspirant

Like I said, it's a subtle bug ... on a very complicated setyp with multiple VPNs and rules etc.

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 9.40.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 9.44.01 AM.png

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi laxamar,

Kindly try to delete the Outbound policies you have configured because the Default Outbound Policy is already set to "Allow Always" then click Apply.  Observe if same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
laxamar
Aspirant

You have COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT. These are ALTERNATE IPs associated with WAN1 to give the server an different external IP. The outbound rules ASSIGNS these machine a fixed - different - external IP. Just deleting the rules will change their outgoing IPs and make the system useless.

So AGAIN:

I am assigning specific outgoing IPs to my machines. I added extra external IPs and assigned those to the correct machine internally, for both incoming and outgoing. However every once in a while, the firewall gets buggy and the specific machines with assigned - different - external IPs stop routing outbound. I have to disable the rule and enable the rule for it to work again. It also happens when I reboot the firewall.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi laxamar,

I have inquired your concern to some from the NETGEAR Support team and it was suggested that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime for further assistance.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
laxamar
Aspirant

Thanks. My product is now out of warranty. An I actually don't need nor expect support. Just wanted to report a subtle bug, without expecting any fixes. If there is a way to let the software engineers know about this, great. Otherwise no problem.

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi laxamar,

You may register your FVS336Gv3 then try to reach the NETGEAR Chat Support to open an online case.  It cannot be declared that there is a bug unless the online case will be forwarded to the engineering team for analyzation with the needed information such as system logs obtained from the FVS336Gv3.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements