Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Log showing Wrong date and time

BobC99
Tutor

Log showing Wrong date and time

Log messages that are emailed to me are showing wrong date and time for some entries.

Here is a clip:

[FVS336Gv2]Wed Dec 31 19:03:19 1969((GMT-0500)) [FVS336Gv2][Kernel][KERNEL] Creating 3 MTD partitions on "phys_mapped_flash"

I have FVS336V2 firmware 4.3.3-6

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Log showing Wrong date and time

Hi BobC99,

Try to use custom NTP Servers to further isolate the problem.  Kindly check this link I found online.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Have you tried to configure the Date and Time Service on your FVS336Gv2?  If yes, are you using the default NTP servers or custom NTP servers?

Kindly read pages 554 to 556 of the FVS336Gv2 reference manual here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
BobC99
Tutor

Yes I did configure time  as per manual and left NTP servers as default time-g.netgear.com. the correct date and time is shown at the bottom of that page. Also in the log, the bottom entries show the correct time. Its just about half way up the wrong date and time is shown for the rest of the entries. its always the same date and time [FVS336Gv2]Wed Dec 31 19:03:23 1969((GMT-0500)) .

Also on other item, I read that the router is suppose to send an email whenever there is a automatic switch from one WAN to another WAN port in the event of one WAN faulure. Althought the WAN ports switch correctly in event of WAN failure in about 3 minutes, I do not receive an email at the time of switch. I do get the log emails once a day as per my entered schedule though. The email at time of switch would be very helpful since it would alert me something is wrong with the WAN conection and I can take immediate action to correct it..

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

It might be possible that a downtime has occured on the NETGEAR NTP server or the DNS.  Go to Monitoring > Firewall Logs & E-mail then click the NTP Logs option arrow in the upper right.  Check the NTP Logs. 

About the e-mail alert wherein if ever a WAN failure has occurred then it switches to another WAN port, I believe there is no settings to configure an e-mail alert about that.  What I am sure is that, the logs will be sent unto your specified e-mail address on the preferred time you've set by schedule.  Make sure to have the WAN Status checked on the System Logs.  Go to Monitoring > Firewall Logs & E-mail and kindly double-checked it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
BobC99
Tutor

NTP logs are empty.  Its prob a bug of some sort. I only checked WAN Status in the Firewall Logs page but I get alot of other stuff including these wrong dates.

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

Have you tried to reboot the FVS336Gv2 then check if same problem will occur? 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
BobC99
Tutor

yes rebooted many times, shows the same

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

Try to use custom NTP Servers to further isolate the problem.  Kindly check this link I found online.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements