Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Loss of internet after tunnel connection

I_am_jbcbussoft
Aspirant

Loss of internet after tunnel connection

I have just setup a tunnel between a FVS318N and the Prodafe client. I then use Remote Desktop to control the pc. When I do this I lose internet capability. How can I avoid this?

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall,VPNG01L|ProSafe VPN Client Professional (1-user)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
I_am_jbcbussoft
Aspirant

This occurred while testing this in my office. When I set it up on-site this did not happen. I posted the question before deploying the equipment hoping to get a resolution but there was no need as this is not a problem on the live setup.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi I_am_jbcbussoft,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The VPN tunnel is up between the FVS318N and a PC where the ProSAFE VPN Client software is installed.  Then, on the same PC where the ProSAFE VPN Client software is installed, you used Remote Desktop to control a PC that is on the local network of the FVS318N via the VPN tunnel.  Once you got connected using RDP, you suddenly lose internet connection on the PC where the ProSAFE VPN Client software is installed.  Am I right?  If ever I'm right, here are my questions below: 

a. Was this working fine before?

b. If you will not be using Remote Desktop, are you able to access the internet just fine and at the same time connected to the VPN tunnel?

c. Have you tried using other PCs/laptops where the ProSAFE VPN Client software is installed to connect via VPN then use Remote Desktop?

d. What is the current firmware version of the FVS318N?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Hey,

I've seen this recently, not sure if it's an issue with Windows or a new minor version of the VPN client.

What you need to do is disable split tunneling -> save -> enable split tunneling  -> save. After that it should work again. Split tunneling can be disabled/enabled under the "IKE V1 Parameters".

Please let me know what version of the client you are running as well

Message 3 of 4
I_am_jbcbussoft
Aspirant

This occurred while testing this in my office. When I set it up on-site this did not happen. I posted the question before deploying the equipment hoping to get a resolution but there was no need as this is not a problem on the live setup.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements