Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost VPN Lite Client software license activation key

labspencer
Follower

Lost VPN Lite Client software license activation key

Hi

I'm trying to set up an old prosafe vpn box fvs338 on a home network just for experimenting, it is working a treat as a firewall but I am now trying to get the VPN side of it working. I noticed the VPN lite software requires a license key that would have come with the box originally. is there any way of getting a code for this software? I realise it is well past the support period and that it is now old tech but thought it would be a great place to start learning about networking. 

if I can't get hold of a license could anyone suggest an easy to use alternative 'free' for now hopefully. I have tried the free 'VPN Access Manager' and tried setting it up but no luck so far, maybe I'm not getting the settings right but it tries to connect and then times out. I was hoping the VPN lite software would take the headache out of connecting.

thanks for any advice, if you need any more info on my setup just let me know.

thanks

Model: FVS338|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch with Dial Backup
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Lost VPN Lite Client software license activation key

@labspencer,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Do you still have the CD that came with each of your FVS388?  If yes, kindly browse it and you might find there the VPN Lite license key. 

Otherwise, kindly send me the following below via private message:

a. S/N of both FVS388 - make sure its registered to your MyNETGEAR account 

b. e-mail address that was used if ever you have registered the VPN license key before

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Lost VPN Lite Client software license activation key

@labspencer,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Do you still have the CD that came with each of your FVS388?  If yes, kindly browse it and you might find there the VPN Lite license key. 

Otherwise, kindly send me the following below via private message:

a. S/N of both FVS388 - make sure its registered to your MyNETGEAR account 

b. e-mail address that was used if ever you have registered the VPN license key before

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements