Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Manual update firmware UTM25

Internaute
Aspirant

Manual update firmware UTM25

Hello,

I just unpacked a brand new UTM25 that was sleeping in a box.

Once set up, I wanted to update the firmware by the conventional procedure but the connection fails despite the registered product (apparently more maintained product!)

I got the latest firmware from the support area but it is not possible to install it from the administration interface.

Is there any other method to perform this update?

Thanks for your help.

Cordially.

Model: UTM25|ProSecure Web/Email Threat Manager
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Manual update firmware UTM25

@Internaute,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

UTM25 needs a license in order for you to configure, update and etc. 

ProSECURE Licences FAQ

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Internaute
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I had no license in the product box or email, apparently activation takes place at the time of registration.
When I try to register in the administration interface, I get the message 'Operation failed'.
I also get the message 'Invalid remote host (error in domain name resolving).' when I click on 'Query' in the 'Firmware' section.
I think that the concerned servers of NETGEAR are closed!

Best regards.

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Internaute,

This product is already EOL. There will be no new license that can be purchase in order for this to be activated. 

As per the FAQ, "NETGEAR currently is only allowing customers to register and activate Email or Web Subscription licenses with terms expiring on or before December 31, 2016. Subscription licenses with expiration dates beyond December 31, 2016 will be adjusted to have an end date of December 31, 2016."

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Internaute
Aspirant

Hello,

I understand well for the follow-up of the support but I hallucinate for the update of the firmware for a business product even old (Business is not only in the category)!

I think a little software could have been implemented but hey ... it will surely end up in the dumpster!

Regards.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements