Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Move VPN client to new computer

DaedalusK71
Aspirant

Move VPN client to new computer

I have a Netgear BR500 and am upgrading computers for 2 employees but when I try to connect the VPN on the new computers, I get an error.  I have seen a couple of threads here suggesting that Netgear has to reset the license in order for me to move them.  If so, how do I do that?

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Move VPN client to new computer

@DaedalusK71,

Let me share the article below in case you are not yet aware.

Security Advisory for Multiple Security Vulnerabilities on BR200 and BR500, PSV-2021-0286

The BR500 is already EoL (End of Life) and there are multiple security vulnerabilities.  Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article  above to have your BR500 be replaced.

Also, the BR500 does not use either the VPN Client Professional software or the VPN Client Lite software that requires a license and wherein the license can be reset. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaedalusK71
Aspirant

@DaneA 

Understood about the device being EOL but as to the license, I DO have 2 licenses for the device which we have been using for 2 years(?)

Are you saying that because it is end of life, I can't get any assistance moving the licenses?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DaedalusK71,

Kindly send me the following below via private message:

a. The VPN license keys that needs to be reset.

b. The e-mail addresses that were used when you have registered the VPN license key.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements