Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multi homed network not going through ipsec vpn

MarkWHolbrook
Aspirant

Multi homed network not going through ipsec vpn

I have a srx-5308 VPN firewall with an lan network 10.10.10.0/24.  To IPsec VPN to another site I need to either re-ip the entire network or use a new network such as a multi home network to 10.100.10.0/24.  The reason is the second office already has a vpn to a network that is the same IP scheme as mine.

I have added a multi home network 10.100.10.0/24 and computers with this IP scheme can connect to the internet.   The VPN is working from the remote site to a computer with this IP scheme.   However the traffic from my network on the multi home 10.100.10.0/24 network does not seem to go through the VPN.

Is there any way to send a multi homed network though a IPSec VPN connection?  Thanks,  Mark

Message 1 of 4
MarkWHolbrook
Aspirant

And another strange piece of data, the remote site can ping my 10.100.10.0/24 compter over the VPN but I cannot ping there the remote site.

Message 2 of 4
MarkWHolbrook
Aspirant

Problem solved.  I made the main network 10.100.10.0/24 and the multi home network 10.10.10.0/24.    Both networks can get on the internet and the IPsec VPN works over the main network.   Thanks to me for figuring this out as no one commented on this post.

Message 3 of 4
SamirD
Prodigy

Glad you figured it out.  I was going to say that the easiest way would have been to just change the home network, but sometimes that's not the easiest way for other reasons.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements