OlivierBart
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Insight VPN macOS 10.14.5

Hello, do you have test the patch ? thx

Message 27 of 48
broce381
Aspirant

As you are asking for a reliable VPN for watching Apple TV then I would recommend VyprVPN. It is known as a veteran provider that has compressed the geographic limitations on content from Netflix, Hulu, and other famous streaming channels. It’s also an excellent option for users who live in China and who want to bypass the Great Firewall. Go for https://vpn.review/apple-tv-vpn-setup/ to find out more about VPN set up. This VPN is not only supple, it’s also a strong performer, and has high-end encryption and fast download speeds.

The corporation functions VyprDNS, its own private and encrypted DNS service, which helps in unblocking and keeping your browsing habits secure. It has been tested that it works perfectly fine for Apple TV. To set it up on DNS Proxy go for the Main menu, tap Settings > Network. Detect your present network and choose Configure DNS > Manual. Now add the DNS address from MediaStreamer or whatsoever DNS provider you’re utilizing. It should be a cord of numbers and decimals, pick the option says Done before resuming Apple TV.

Message 28 of 48
OlivierBart
Aspirant

Some news about this bug with Mac Pro ?

Message 29 of 48
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Engineering believes the issue is with MacOS and webview. They are currently working on a test build with a webview fix. Once I hear feedback from them I will report any updates.

Message 30 of 48
OlivierBart
Aspirant

Thx a lot

Message 31 of 48
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Good news everyone! Engineering has completed a build with the web view fix in place. This will allow the client to work on macOS configurations that were experiencing this issue. Anyone who is interested in testing this build and reporting back their findings. Please send me a private message with email included and I will forward the client build.

Message 32 of 48
jkupe
Aspirant

This never resolved the issue. Are there any new updates here? 

Thanks!

Message 33 of 48
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

We do have an update from engineering. They believe the issue is due to how the Mac is handling the graphics on applications and the possibility that other background apps may be causing this issue. Engineering and development team is still reviewing.

Message 34 of 48
RobAmour
Apprentice

I can't believe how long this issue has been on going.  I highlighted Touchbar compatibility as the probable cause of this issue in September.  We're now 2 months later and this has not been adressed.  The products VPN capabilities are effectively useless for me as I can't use them.  I'm told it's held us with the VPN stability issues, which concerns me event more.

The Insight VPN should only need to authenticate through Netgear, traffic should not be tunnelled through their servers.

In short the company lacks design, testing, development and operational capabilities.  I'm considering returning all the Netgear equipment my company have purchased.  I'll certainly be updating my amazon reviews to warn people.

Netgear are chasing marketing buzz words rather than designing and implementing quality products.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 35 of 48
PurelyAndy
Tutor

Well said there. Exactly the same situation for me, I’ve used Netgear all my life and trusted them but this is almost as ridiculous as the British government at the moment.
Message 36 of 48
Pdabz
Aspirant

same crash always here on latest mac version 10.14.6. 

since weeks and tried several versions alsways crahses on my mac. any ideas?

@wowpeter wrote:

Having the exact problem as well. Running latest Mac 10.14.5

InsightVPNClient [791]
Path: /Applications/InsightVPNClient.app/Contents/MacOS/InsightVPNClient
Identifier: com.netgear.InstantVPN
Version: 1.0 (???)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: InsightVPNClient [791]

Message 37 of 48
RobAmour
Apprentice

If your mac has touchbar, it's probably compatibility with that. Don't expect Netgear to fix it any time soon.

Message 38 of 48
PurelyAndy
Tutor

Yes you're spot on with that, it does have a touch bar. I've been waiting 8 months for a fix / software to work.

Message 39 of 48
jkupe
Aspirant

It is amazing that there is been no progress on this issue. The entire reason for this appliance is the VPN support and the client has never worked on the latest MBP devices. Will be the last Netgear appliance purchased by us for sure. 

Message 40 of 48
wowpeter
Aspirant

To be honest, they had beta version that worked before and then failed to worked again.

I do believe this issue need to be fix because it has been ongoing for awhile now. And it impact many different version of the Mac OS device with the latest two version of the OS install. It doesn’t work on any of the MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, iMac at my company.

Since it has taken Netgear so long and still no updates, we essentially gave up for now and went with an external OpenVPN solution.

A little disappointing.
Message 41 of 48
Pdabz
Aspirant

my mac has a touchbar, is  macbook pro 2018, which link works to get this working version? can`t find it. thx

Message 42 of 48
RobAmour
Apprentice

You won’t find a link that works, because they have no working software
Message 43 of 48
deroliver
Tutor

6 month later and still no fix in sight for insight vpn. sorry to say this, but this basically means the complete product line, the vpn insight service and purchased technical support are completely useless. I will never buy any netgear product again. I will also cancel all subscription services. This has been a total disaster 😞

Message 44 of 48
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@deroliver / @Pdabz / @wowpeter / @jkupe / @PurelyAndy / @OlivierBart / @ModoL / @Mluce6 / @EKKO_Coleman,

In relation to the problems stated on this thread, several different complaints across a variety of Apple hardware platforms are being investigated and a fix is currently being worked on. 

It would be best that you subscribe to the community thread here and wait for updates.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 45 of 48
RobAmour
Apprentice

But nobody's posting any useful update in there, so what's the point?  Nobody has responded to the issues raised about Netgear's capability, and testing practices.  Plain and simple, you don't understand the Mac platform.

Message 46 of 48
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

We are waiting for further development updates from our VPN development team. As my colleague DaneA stated, once there is an update on the development process it will be updated in the thread below. I would recommend subscribing to the thread to receive any updates on the MacOS VPN client update once it is available.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/macOS-Insight-Instant-VPN-Client-Update/...

Message 47 of 48
Music-IT
Aspirant

Is there already a update that works with macOS 10.15.4 Catalina ?

Message 48 of 48
Discussion stats
Announcements