Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR ProSaf Gigabit Quad SRX5308 I can't access the device

sahinms
Aspirant

NETGEAR ProSaf Gigabit Quad SRX5308 I can't access the device

Hi.

sorry my bad english.

2. I booted with the firmware on the device and I lost access to the device. ip address does not give. can not enter with manul rope entry. I cannot access with com1 port. what should I do.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sahinms,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the SRX5308 from your existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. At the rear panel of the SRX5308, insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole then press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the SRX5308 while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the SRX5308 while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Wait for the SRX5308 to boot up properly then check if you can access it via its default IP address.  Observe the LED lights as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
sahinms
Aspirant

thanks for the answer. I did what you said but I still can't access.

test light is on continuously

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sahinms,

test light is on continuously

It seemed that the SRX5308 got faulty.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Kindly state what happened to your SRX5308 and the troubleshooting steps done.  Be ready to submit  a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your SRX5308 for warranty validation. If the hardware warranty is valid, an online replacement will follow. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
sahinms
Aspirant

contact says to call me only

Message 5 of 8
sahinms
Aspirant

I applied what you said but did not. Who turkey service?

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sahinms,

Do you have an option for Chat Support?  If yes, kindly open a chat support ticket with NETGEAR Support. 

Be reminded that if you have purchased your SRX5308 after June 01, 2016, it should have a Lifetime Chat Support.  As reference, kindly access and read the article here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
sahinms
Aspirant

second-hand, it was said to be out of warranty.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements