Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear BR500 big problem

MiDaSecurity
Aspirant

Netgear BR500 big problem

Hello,

I'am Mike and i've got a big major problem with the br500.

1: it takes to long for the divece to come on insight.

2: it loses the internet connnection.

3: it loses insight connection.

the things i"ll already did

Update firmware in GUI without insight connection

Update firmware in GUI with insight connection

Standalone 

Reset 

Not able to make a VPN 

But nothing works. Also when the device is on (insight or not) it loses the internet connection after a few ours.

I'am very despread because i investeted a lot of money in the network device and it takes now to much time and costed a lot of angerment for now. And i need this for my work(space)

regards Mike 

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear BR500 big problem

Hi @MiDaSecurity,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is the modem where the BR500 is directly connected to a modem-only device or a modem-router combo? 

b. Disconnect the BR500 from the modem then connect a PC directly to the modem.  Are you able to access the internet just fine? 

c. If ever you are using the Insight App, what version are you using?  Make sure you are using the latest version of the Insight App which is version 5.5 which is available for Android and iOS. 

Regards, 

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
MiDaSecurity
Aspirant

Hey Dane,

Tnx for the info.

The problem is deployed by support today and last week. After monitoring the BR500 today we concluded that the problem is in the hardware.

So for now the br500 is going to be replaceb by an new one.

All the info you gave me i'll ready did this also factory reset and backwords startups as also stand alone. Nothing worked.

The next step now is waiting for a new one and then the following step will be maybe to set up the providers router. 

Message 3 of 6
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the update. Please keep us updated if you have any further issues with the replacement unit and I will be more then happy to help troubleshoot the devices issues.

Message 4 of 6
MiDaSecurity
Aspirant

Update****

For now the retailer is sending a new BR500. So now we will wait for the new one to install.

Are there any TIPS for installing the BR500?

Kind regards 

Mike

Message 5 of 6
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

You can always refer to the installation manual when setting up the devices. One tip to point out would be if adding two or more BR500 devices into a VPN group please make sure your VLAN1 subnet range is on different subnet ranges to avoid possible IP conflicts between the devices. 

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/BR500/BR500_IG_EN.pdf

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements