Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear FVS318G v2 seems to be bricked.

wintonson
Tutor

Netgear FVS318G v2 seems to be bricked.

This device seems to be bricked, though hardware warranty is still good. What are my options?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wintonson
Tutor

Turns out I had to be more patient (firmware seemed to be corrupted but still loaded after a long time). Support told me to factory reset it. From there I waited a long time, finally the device showed some internet traffic but dropped it. Through specifically old Internet Explorer (WebGUI does not support TLS 1.2 protocol) I was able to access it by "accepting risk" of certificate/WebGUI and then "upgraded" the already installed firmware. Now works like it used to. Did a restore default settings for safe measure. 

Thank you!!! 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wintonson,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

It would be best that you open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Let them know the status of your FVS318Gv2 and a hardware check will be done.  Be sure to upload the Proof of Purchase of your FVS318Gv2 for warranty verification.  If eer the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
wintonson
Tutor

This is what I find when I tried your link:

"Your complimentary technical support expired on 2016-10-17.

Your product is covered under hardware warranty till 2043-12-04."

Am I doing something wrong, @DaneA ?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wintonson,

Found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have an ongoing support ticket with them regarding your concern about your FVS318Gv2.  You may want to post the progress of your support ticket here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
wintonson
Tutor

Turns out I had to be more patient (firmware seemed to be corrupted but still loaded after a long time). Support told me to factory reset it. From there I waited a long time, finally the device showed some internet traffic but dropped it. Through specifically old Internet Explorer (WebGUI does not support TLS 1.2 protocol) I was able to access it by "accepting risk" of certificate/WebGUI and then "upgraded" the already installed firmware. Now works like it used to. Did a restore default settings for safe measure. 

Thank you!!! 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements