Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear SRX5308 License Key

slows4
Aspirant

Netgear SRX5308 License Key

This was purchase as an site to site option for our servers in a colocation abroad. Over the years it has served its purpose. Now the site to site was paired with a sonic wall firewall on the other end and all works well. The only issue is that the CD that came with the SRX5308 may have gotten thrown out when we moved facilities. 

Now that everything is back up and running, I am attempting to use the VPN software with as a site to client solution for my home setup. 

Can anyone assist me on how to secure this information? I have the serial numbers, and I think the date of purchase was sometime in 2012. 

Was desperate to even go and buy the 5 license user pack however this is now discontinued. on the 30 day trial I am able to make the site to client VPN work, however the nagging window with hey you have x days left is bothering me. 

Thank you again in advance.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4
adv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Netgear SRX5308 License Key

Have you installed a SSL certificate on it?  If so, can you give me some help with mine?  See my topic "ProSafe SRX5308 Certificate creation".  Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
slows4
Aspirant

I have not, but I am sure that it isn't too hard of a task? Are you just trying to apply it?

Message 3 of 4
adv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am start9nh with creating a trusted root certificate with my own OpenSSL authority on a Linux box and getting that to load but no luck.  I have tried several different options and done hours of searching.  I found that it will only handle MD5 or SHA1 and 2048 max and also that the ST (State or Province) parameter is not handled so cannot be included.  I created the CA but I cannot get the root certificate to load into the trusted certificates.  I don't know if it will accept a .pem file or if it needs a .crt or something else or if there are other requirements I am missing.  The possibilities are many but there is NOTHING in the manual about what format and parameters are required.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements