Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear srx5308 DMZ

zakzakzak20
Aspirant

Netgear srx5308 DMZ

Hi,

I am trying to setup a DMZ area on my Netgear SRX5308 so that I can connect a mobile phone signal booster. I have enabled the DMZ port and set an IP address outside of my WAN range, I have enabled the DHCP server and created both outbound and inbound DMZ services. The DMZ light (to the right) is green, the internet light (top left) is green, but the light to the top right is orange. Am I missing anything obvious? So frustrating.

Thanks

Z

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear srx5308 DMZ

@zakzakzak20,

The DMZ light (to the right) is green, the internet light (top left) is green, but the light to the top right is orange.

Since the DMZ light on port 4 is lit up green, it means that port 4 is configured as DMZ port.  The top left LED of port 4 is lit up green which means that a link is detected with the connected device to port 4.  The top right LED of port 4 is lit up amber which means that port 4 operates at 100Mbps.  

I suggest the following to isolate the problem: 

1.  Make sure that you are using a CAT5e ethernet cable on the PC connected to port 4 of the SRX5308.  

2.  Try using other ethernet cable. 

3.  Check the settings of the LAN port of the PC connected to port 4 and set it to 1000Mbps. 

4.  Try to connect other PC or laptop to port of the SRX5308 and observe if the right LED of port 4 will lit up green. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear srx5308 DMZ

@zakzakzak20,

The DMZ light (to the right) is green, the internet light (top left) is green, but the light to the top right is orange.

Since the DMZ light on port 4 is lit up green, it means that port 4 is configured as DMZ port.  The top left LED of port 4 is lit up green which means that a link is detected with the connected device to port 4.  The top right LED of port 4 is lit up amber which means that port 4 operates at 100Mbps.  

I suggest the following to isolate the problem: 

1.  Make sure that you are using a CAT5e ethernet cable on the PC connected to port 4 of the SRX5308.  

2.  Try using other ethernet cable. 

3.  Check the settings of the LAN port of the PC connected to port 4 and set it to 1000Mbps. 

4.  Try to connect other PC or laptop to port of the SRX5308 and observe if the right LED of port 4 will lit up green. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements