Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No-IP’s integrated dynamic DNS feature

johnh7
Initiate

No-IP’s integrated dynamic DNS feature

Is No-IP’s new integrated dynamic DNS feature available on the SRX5308?

http://www.noip.com/blog/2013/11/01/ips-advanced-partner-api-now-featured-netgear-routers/

If not is there a netgear router with multiple WAN's that does have this feature?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No-IP’s integrated dynamic DNS feature

Hi johnh7,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm afraid to inform that on the SRX5308 there are default dynamic DNS to choose from (such as TZO, Oray and 3322).  The No-IP dynamic DNS which is free is not in the available options.  

I've also checked other ProSAFE VPN firewalls like the FVS336Gv3, FVS318Gv2 and FVS318N and they're exactly have the same dynamic DNS configuration as with the SRX5308.  

With regard to this, I advise you to post your concern as feature request on the Idea Exchange Board for Business here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does users wanted to be added to the functionality of the VPN firewall  Be reminded that the more kudos given by community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and will be considered.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@johnh7,

Let us know if you have further questions.  Hope you were able to post your concern as feature request on the Idea Exchange Board for Business here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
johnh7
Initiate

Thank you. I just requested the feature.

I did not realize there were other services like DynDNS

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements