Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Outbound NAT IP

okadis
Guide

Outbound NAT IP

Dear community,

we upgraded out FVS336GV2, which is still on firmware 3.1.1-08, to an FVS336Gv3 with latest firmware 4.3.3-06.

We were able to move every setting over to the new device except for one setting. All source IP-adresses of traffic going to a certain IPSec tunnel are NAT'ed to one static IP-adress that does not belong to the network managed by the netgear. With that we want to achive that we can access remote peers but they can not access our ressources.

Using the old firmware we created an outbound firewall rule where we specified an IP-adress without any restrictions.

With the current firmware the input field for an IP-adress vanished and only the WANs are available for selection (which both have a static IP).

Is there any other way to achieve what we had before?

Thanks in advance

Michael Biber

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Outbound NAT IP

Hi okadis,

Its alright 🙂 

Just want to ask if you have added the secondary WAN IP Address/es (refer on the image below) on the FVS336Gv3 so that it will appear on the NAT IP list on the Add/Edit LAN WAN Outbound Sevice page? 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi okadis,

Welcome to the community!

Kindly post detailed screenshots of the settings you are referring that are present on the FVS336Gv2 as well as the settings that vanished in the FVS336Gv3.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
okadis
Guide

Dear DaneA,

v2 (Firmware 3.1.1-8):

Firewall_outbound_v2.png

v3 (Firmware 4.3.3-6):

Firewall_outbound_v3.png

In the current firmware there is no field "NAT IP" with option "Single Adress"). How can we achieve this otherwise?

Thanks in advance

Michael Biber

Message 3 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi okadis,

Let us isolate the problem.  The current firmware of the FVS336Gv2 which is v3.1.1-8 is not the latest version.  Kindly try to update the firmware of the FVS336Gv2 to v4.3.3-6 as well.  Make sure to perform a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2 after a successful firmware upgrade.  Then, reconfigure it from scratch.  Afterwards, check if it still shows the field, "NAT Single IP is On" on the Add/Edit LAN WAN Outbound Sevice page.  Kindly post a screenshot of it.

Here is the link where to download  firmware  v4.3.3-6 for the FVS336Gv2.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 10
okadis
Guide

Dear DaneA,

we bought the v3 as a replacement for the v2 for LAN-WAN-throughput limitations on the v2. So I'm sorry but we can't do a full reconfig, especially not for a device that is meant to be unplugged anyway within the next weeks. This is currently our only gateway for the whole company. We simply can't plug it out for a test. But unless the replacing v3 is completely configured we can't switch the devices.

I am not trying to report an error to get that IP field back on the v2. I am just searching for a way to implement logically the same functionality in a different firmware on the v3. I do think there is a really good reason for Netgear removing that field within the outbound rules. Only I haven't found another way to achieve what we had before.

Maybe I just didn't express myself correctly. If that is the case, please excuse me. English isn't my native language.

Best regards

Michael Biber

Message 5 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi okadis,

I just want to isolate the problem if its by design or if its because of the firmware.  I think it would be best that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support about your concern.  NETGEAR Support would be able to inquire your concern to the engineering team.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 10
okadis
Guide

Hi DaneA,

thank you for your effort. I did not want to offend you in any way. I just thought you might have misunderstood what we want to achieve.

I will open a ticket as you proposed.

Thanks and happy holidays

Michael Biber

Message 7 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi okadis,

Its alright 🙂 

Just want to ask if you have added the secondary WAN IP Address/es (refer on the image below) on the FVS336Gv3 so that it will appear on the NAT IP list on the Add/Edit LAN WAN Outbound Sevice page? 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
okadis
Guide

Hi DaneA,

that's what I was searching for! Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Best regards

Michael Biber

Message 9 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi okadis,

You are very much welcome! 🙂  

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.  Happy Holidays! 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements