Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PORT FORWARDING ON NETGEAR PROSAFE

srikanthgungi
Aspirant

PORT FORWARDING ON NETGEAR PROSAFE

Hi all,

am trying to open/forward my IP camera system ports in order to have remote access.  I have my Camera port numbers in handy but am wondering how to open them.I  use Netgear prosafe gigabit dual wan ssl vpn firewall. Hoping to get the help from you guys .Thank you.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srikanthgungi, 

Welcome to the community! 

To open ports on your firewall you'll have to go to Security>Firewall Rules then click Add (Inbound Services), on the Service drop-down menu are the names of predefined services that you can choose from (see image below for reference):

Forward1.png

If the service(s) that you have is  not on the list, you'll have to add them manually. Go to Security>Services and Add Custom Service, see image below for reference: 

Forward2.png

For full instructions, please click on this link (page 230). 

I hope it helps, if you have more questions we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srikanthgungi, 

Welcome to the community! 

To open ports on your firewall you'll have to go to Security>Firewall Rules then click Add (Inbound Services), on the Service drop-down menu are the names of predefined services that you can choose from (see image below for reference):

Forward1.png

If the service(s) that you have is  not on the list, you'll have to add them manually. Go to Security>Services and Add Custom Service, see image below for reference: 

Forward2.png

For full instructions, please click on this link (page 230). 

I hope it helps, if you have more questions we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

Thanks for your help, I was trying to open the ports of my IP cameras so that i can have a remote access from my home.So is there any particular service for that sort of ports from the drop down menu that we get under services. and also i have tried by creating a service and making inbound rules which allows always and it was sucessfull but when i check wether the ports are open are not with the following link

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

which says that the particular port is closed. Help me with this issue.

Thank You

Message 3 of 12
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi srikanthgungi, 

What ports do you need to open? Post a screenshot of an inbound rule that you have created so I can check if it's done properly. Also, what is the model/brand of your modem? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

snip.PNG

Hi This is the thing that i have done as outbond rule to open the port/forward the ports.

Message 5 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

i have tried both inbounds and outbound rules to open my ports 80,5150 and 5160 and the screen shots below,please have a look.outbond snip.PNG

Message 6 of 12
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srikanthgungi, 

You'll have to remove the outbound services since they are redundant, they default outbound policy is already on "Allow Always" so we don't need to add them on the table. Also, we need to remove the "ANY" service on the inbound rule and create a new rule, see image below: 

inboundrule80.png

HTTP is port 80, which is one of the ports that you need to open. You are using port 80 for web access, make sure you can access the interface of your camera. One last thing is to check the settings of the cameras, make sure that they are listening to these port numbers. I would also like to know what modem you are using. 

Thanks, 

Message 7 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

lan-wan.PNG

Hi John,

i tried it but the LAN user is in disabled mode,i cant edit that.My router is 

NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit Dual WAN SSL VPN Firewall FVS336Gv3.

Thank You

Message 8 of 12
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi srikanthgungi, 

You don't need to change the LAN user, leave it as "ANY", see the image I have posted above. 

Thanks, 

Message 9 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

I have tried the screen shot you have shared with me,but its not working.still the ports are closed. I wanted to open ports 80,5150 and 5160. But nothing is working.

Thank You.

Message 10 of 12
srikanthgungi
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

by the way do we need to keep the external ip address or the internal IP address of the camera server.All these times i was using internal Ip addresses.

Thank You.

Message 11 of 12
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello srikanthgungi, 

When forwarding ports you will need to use the IP address of the device which will be accessed over the internet (internal IP address). Check first if you can access the device locally, try clearing out all the rules that you have created and enter them back again. Another thing that you can do is to contact your ISP and check with them if they allow ports 5150 and 5160 to be accessed. 

Thanks, 

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements