Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ping Local IP devices

BobC99
Tutor

Ping Local IP devices

Is it possible to Ping local connected IP addresses on different VLAN/subnets connected to the LAN ports, for example (192.168.0.5), from the FVS336Gv2 Web Interface while connected remotely? This would be very helpful in trying to debug local LAN issues if for some reason a LAN device was reported to be non responsive. I know that pinging on the WAN side is possible through WAN ports 1 and 2.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
BobC99
Tutor

Re: Ping Local IP devices

I don't see the "Accepted Solution" button any where on this message board,, where is it??

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

If I got your concern correctly, you will remotely connect to the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2 from outside your network then you will ping a local IP address via Monitoring > Diagnostics on the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2, am I right?  If ever I am right, I believe this is possible.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
BobC99
Tutor

Yes correct

Message 3 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99, 

Just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to remotely connect to the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2 from outside your network then ping a local IP address via Monitoring > Diagnostics on the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 10
BobC99
Tutor

Yes it worked for all my VLAN, thank you. The Select Local Gateway needs to be set to default, not WAN1 or WAN2.

Message 5 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

I'm glad that it worked. 🙂 

Since your concern is resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 10
BobC99
Tutor

I don't see the "Accepted Solution" button any where on this message board,, where is it??

Message 7 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99,

It seems that you have already clicked “Accepted Solution” on your recent reply since it is highlighted in green.  I suggest that you kindly select the appropriate reply as the  “Accepted Solution.” 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
BobC99
Tutor

I clicked on the accepted solution button at the bottom of the page. I do not see anymore accepted solution buttons

Message 9 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BobC99, 

Is it possible for you to unclick it then mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution?  However, if that is not possible then its alright to just leave it that way. 🙂 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements