Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Poor WIFI Speed and VPN Configuration concern

Rem_Member
Aspirant

Poor WIFI Speed and VPN Configuration concern

I have (2) concern here on my FVS318N.

1. As per attached network diagram, i have a bottle neck on WIFI speed when connected the WIFI Mesh to the FVS318N. Compare to directly connected to 4G Modem.

2. How to configure a home VPN configuration on FVS318N? Is it capable to entirely configure the FVS318N VPN functions and all the WIFI user connected are encrypted without any VPN client installed on the device?

Appreciate all the help and guidance.

Thank you.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Poor WIFI Speed and VPN Configuration concern

@Rem_Member wrote:

1. As per attached network diagram, i have a bottle neck on WIFI speed when connected the WIFI Mesh to the FVS318N. Compare to directly connected to 4G Modem.

No idea - one decade or even older routers can have some merrits...

@Rem_Member wrote:

2. How to configure a home VPN configuration on FVS318N?

Whatever a home VPN is.

@Rem_Member wrote:

Is it capable to entirely configure the FVS318N VPN functions and all the WIFI user connected are encrypted without any VPN client installed on the device?

Some kind of hide-my-butt-VPN? Looking at the VPN performance these devices offered for IPsec VPN (3DES) Throughput (30 Mb/s) or SSL VPN Throughput (5 Mb/s) I don't think it's worth to look into....

Message 2 of 3
Rem_Member
Aspirant

Re: Poor WIFI Speed and VPN Configuration concern

Hi @schumaku, appreciate your feedback.

I wonder why the FVS318N doesnt provide faster speed since its LAN port are capable for Gigabit.

I forgot to mention that I also have NetGear ProSafe GS108Ev3 in a separate one which are capable for Gigabit LAN and way faster when i used that as bridge for my

However, testing the FVS318N as bridge for my Gigabit WIFI MESH dual band AP results are bad. 40 - 60% less speedtest results in OOKLA compare to NetGear GS108Ev3.

I checked all the possible configuration (FVS318N: QOS, LAN - WAN) that i know to make it better or atleast same with GS108Ev3 but no success.

I wont able to abandon the FVS318N as i needed its firewall functionality and use my Gigabit WIFI MESH dual band AP for my wireless devices.

Any advice?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements