Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ProSafe VPN Client Activation License? The Activation Server is unreachable.

Augello
Tutor

ProSafe VPN Client Activation License? The Activation Server is unreachable.

I support 16 ProSafeVPN Routers.  I'm having a problem registering VPN Client Lite.  I have been told by Netgear Support through emails between DaneA and myself that my license is valid and unused; yet every time I enter the VPNclient license key I get the message:

"Activation not Completed" Activation Error 54: The Activation Server os unreachable.  I have tried activation from two different locations and get the same error.  I am a Network Engineer and have no Firewall turned on and no other VPN software installed.  The laptop uses windows 7 PRO.  My customer is becoming impatient with lack of ability to solve the issue.  Please can someone help me.  Could it be that i'm not typing the license number correctly.  on the label the numbers are seperated by dashes.  I'm typing the key as shown on the 5 user label.

Thank you

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 3
Augello
Tutor

Re: ProSafe VPN Client Activation License? The Activation Server is unreachable.

I"M REPLYING TO MY OWN MESSAGE TO APPEND.

The computer i'm trying to register a VPN client license has BIT Defender installed. Also it is a Windows 8 OS.  Neither are products I normally support.  The BIT Defender takes over Firewall, Anti-Virus and several other security task; it also includes a VPN client.  I will uninstall all of the BIT Defenter software and try again.  I don't know if Windows 8 is an issue.  

eol

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Augello,

Hope you have already received my response via private message.  The VPN licenses you have provided are all correct.  

I will uninstall all of the BIT Defenter software and try again.  I don't know if Windows 8 is an issue.  

I agree that it would be best to uninstall Bitdefender for the meantime. 

Let me share the article below that seems to be related to your concern.  Kindly follow the steps indicated:

https://kb.netgear.com/22190/Error-when-activating-VPN-Client-software-on-Windows-8 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements