Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems running SSL VPN on windows 10 with Java and admin permissions

atiktepika
Aspirant

Problems running SSL VPN on windows 10 with Java and admin permissions

Dear all,

I did upgrade my system to windows 10 and now I'm having issues to connect using the SSL VPN.

Any time I try to connect java shows an error code 740:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\atiktepika\NetgearNetgear-SSLVPN-Tunnel\VirtualPassageExe.exe": CreateProcess error=740,  the requested operation requires elevation

I did try mannually setting the file permissions to " run as administrator" but this did not make the trick.

Any ideas? or works around? Thanks in advance.

javier.

Message 1 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi atiktepika,

Welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to inform you that Windows 10 is currently not supported for SSL-VPN.  You may want to post about your concern on the Idea Exchange For Business board.  Be reminded that adding kudos to your idea will help as the development/engineering team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
Guardian2100
Guide

Hi,

I have the same problem on our Windows 10 systems currently.

On Windows 7 it's not problem.

Is or what was the solution?

Best Regards.

Message 3 of 9
daveb-teamlogic
Aspirant

Is this still true?  SSL VPN is not support in Windows 10? I just found this page after working on this for 3.5 hours this morning using all 3 of the major browsers.

Message 4 of 9
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello daveb-teamlogic, 

Welcome to the community! 

We are still having issues with some java-based browsers, see release notes of the latest firmware. Please click here

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 9
Guardian2100
Guide

When wil this be fixed? Windows 10 is out for months now.

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The ONLY way that I've been able to get this to work is in a Windows 10 32-bit environment.  IT WILL NOT WORK IN 64-bit.  I've tested 64-bit with Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, and Edge - none work in 64-bit.

In 32-bit, you have to right-click Firefox, go to Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and set it to run as Windows XP Service Pack 3).  You may also have to add the destination subnet to the Java allowed networks in your Java configuration window.

I hope that helps and saves you all some time and frustration.  I've been there.

Message 7 of 9
adit
Mentor

The Java VPN Plugin has never worked in a 64bit OS.  My understanding was due to lack of a non-IE 64bit browser.

What you can try is to download a 64bit browser and test it with the Java plugin on a 64bit OS.

Firefox just released this in December. https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/12/15/firefox-64-bit-for-windows-available/

Chrome, click on "Download Chrome for Another Platform" under the Download Chrome button.  https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

I have not tested this since I rarely use SSL VPN anymore.

Give it a shot and let us know if it works or not.

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

adit-

It doesn't work.  My previous post was not clear.  I used a 64-bit browser on a 64-bit Win10 and it didn't work.  I did NOT use a 32-bit browser on a 64-bit OS.  I understand the business reasons for not doing what I'm about to suggest, but it would be most helpful and customer friendly - create a Java-based VPN app like Fortigate, Sidewinder and Watchguard.  I think I may have to switch to one of those.

-bc

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements