Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe FVS124G VPN Ipsec keeps disconnecting every minute

eldonkey
Aspirant

Prosafe FVS124G VPN Ipsec keeps disconnecting every minute

Hi, i've just fresh configured my FVS124G after updating firmware to latest version and i have an issue with VPN IPsec connection.

I'm using same saved profile for the client, and almost stock configuration from VPN wizzard on the router. It was working fine some time ago but now after successfully connecting client it keeps disconnecting after about 70-80 seconds. 

attaching client console log, also no errors from server side. 

Model: FVS124G|ProSafe Dual WAN 4 ports gigabit router|EOL
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe FVS124G VPN Ipsec keeps disconnecting every minute

@eldonkey,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a.  Is the VPN tunnel working fine before you did a firmware upgrade on the FVS124G? 

b.  What is the VPN Client software that you are using?  Is it the NETGEAR VPN CLient Lite software or the NETGEAR VPN Client Professional software?  

c.  What is the current version of the VPN Client software that you are using? 

Since you did a firmware upgrade on the FVS124G, I suggest you to perform a factory reset on it so that it would start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, reconfigure everything from scratch.  Once there is internet access through the FVS124G, use the VPN Wizard to configure the VPN settings and configure the VPN Client software from scratch as well.  Check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
eldonkey
Aspirant

Re: Prosafe FVS124G VPN Ipsec keeps disconnecting every minute

Hi, sorry for late anwser. I was able to get it working. Kind of. I disabled DPD completly and it is working fine for 2-3 hours, but only if there was constant traffic like a running RDP session. Maybe the device is faulty. I did tried to reset it twice. 

> Tunel was working fine before the upgrade.

> Software was NETGEAR VPN Client Professional and later TheGreenBow

> I was using latest trial version - fresh downloaded 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements