Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe FVS336Gv3 with LB2120 failover

corey112
Aspirant

Prosafe FVS336Gv3 with LB2120 failover

G'day,

I am trying to connect a LB2120 to a Prosafe FVS336Gv3 as a failover 3g connection. The prosafe doesnt seem to receive an IP from the LB.

My 3G connection has a static IP - and have set the LB2120 to Bridge mode. Prosafe is set to automatically get IP from ISP - should I be setting it manually?

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe FVS336Gv3 with LB2120 failover

Hi @corey112,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Have not yet tried using the LB2120 to use with the FVS336Gv3.  However, since you have a static WAN IP address, I suggest you to manually enter the static Public WAN IP address to the FVS336Gv3. 

1. On the web-GUI, go to Network Configuration > WAN Settings > WAN Setup. 

2. Click the Edit button on the WAN port (WAN 1 or WAN 2) that you will use. 

3. On the WAN IPv4 ISP Settings, scroll down to the Internet (IP) Address section, select 'Use Static IP Address' then enter the Public WAN IP Address, IP Subnet Mask and Gateway IP Address on the fields provided. 

4. Still on the WAN IPv4 ISP Settings, on the Domain Name Server (DNS) Servers section, select 'Use These DNS Server' then enter manually the Primary & Secondary DNS Servers on the field provided.

5. Click Apply. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
corey112
Aspirant

Thanks for the response, Dane.

The problem is, Optus cant provide any of this information to me! Only the static IP they can provide...

Message 3 of 4
corey112
Aspirant

If I put in Optus' 'home wireless broadband' settings that they can provide - I get an error 'Invalid IP address - xxxx is Broadcast Address

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements