Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QOS

z4ib55
Aspirant

QOS

Hi

Has any implemented successful QOS profiles and firewall/security rules for the Netgear SRX5308 router? Would you care to share?

Thanx

H

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: QOS

Hi z4ib55,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Many of our users has already implemented it successfully. The VPN firewall can support multiple Quality of Service (QoS) profiles for each WAN interface. You can assign profiles to services such as HTTP, FTP, and DNS and to LAN groups or IP addresses. Profiles enforce either rate control with bandwidth allocation or priority queue control. You can configure both types of profiles, but either all profiles on the VPN firewall enforce rate control and the profiles that you configured for priority queue control are inactive, or the other way around. Both types of profiles cannot be active simultaneously.

Here is the manual for reference(page 76).

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
z4ib55
Aspirant

Re: QOS

Hi JohnCarloV,

Thank you so much for the information and reference. As much as I have read the manual, I was looking for specific examples to help set up my first QOS profile. 

I am looking to address rate control via bandwith since I want to share video and audio streaming for 4 clients on a local network.

Any examples would be very helpful.

Thanx!!

z4ib55

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements